Get paid to contribute to Open Source!
The Open Collective engineering team is small, and we're always looking for new contributors to our Open Source codebases. Our Bounty program is an opportunity to solve issues that could be neglected otherwise. Contributors who fix these issues will be rewarded financially.
Our bounty program is about creating opportunities for our community to contribute to Open Collective, to make it their own. It also gives us an opportunity to get to know developers who we could potentially work with more in the future. We celebrate making open source contributions more sustainable by paying, but money alone shouldn't be the primary motivation for participation.
We're not able to accept pull requests that aren't completed to a high standard in a reasonable timeframe. Please only pick up bounties that you are confident you can complete at your current knowledge and skill level. We will not accept pull requests or pay bounties for code that's not up to the standard we need to maintain for the Collectives who rely on this platform. Our dev team is happy to answer questions and provide some limited support, but we don't have capacity to mentor junior developers through the bounty program. For general guidelines about what's expected in the code, check https://docs.opencollective.com/help/about/contributing.
Our Bounty model is simple:
- $100: simple or unknown complexity
- $300: medium complexity
- $1,000: high complexity
We want to attract quality contributions. The issue will only be considered complete and approved for payment if the Pull Request is merged by an Open Collective Core Contributor.
- 2.For your first Bounty project, please pick one of the issues tagged "simple" (you can move on to larger Bounties if the first one goes well)
- 3.Express interest by commenting on the issue and ask to be assigned
- 4.You'll be assigned and given an expected timeframe to deliver (if you aren't able to meet the deadline, the issue may be assigned to someone else)
- 5.Create your solution
- 6.Open a Pull Request to get your code reviewed
- 10.Get paid!
*Make invoices out to: Engineering Open Collective Inc 340 S Lemon Ave #3717 Walnut 91789 CA USA
- 1.Tag issues with the "bounty" label and amount (e.g. "$100")
- 2.Add a comment with a basic explanation of the Bounty process and link to BOUNTY.md, e.g.:A $100 bounty was attached to this issue. Anyone submitting a Pull Request will be rewarded with $100 when the Pull Request is reviewed, accepted and merged. More info.
- 3.Make sure the issue is understandable for newcomers and expectations are clearly set
- 4.When someone asks to pick up ab Bounty, assign them the issue and give them a timeframe for delivery