We now provide a Zapier App! Zapier should be the default choice whenever you need to integrate Open Collective with a third party service. All you need is:
Like everything we do, our Zapier app is open source (MIT). If you need an action that's not yet on the Zapier app and feel ready to work on the integration: check https://github.com/opencollective/opencollective-zapier/settings
Otherwise feel free to open an issue on https://github.com/opencollective/opencollective/issues to ask for it. Please tell us about our use case, we love to understand why our users do what they do!
Connect your Twitter to automatically thank new backers who contribute to your Collective.
Go to "edit Collective" > "Connected Accounts" and click the "Connect Twitter" button.
You can set up Open Collective notifications in your Slack or Gitter channel. First set up a webhook, described below, and then send it to us and we'll add the hook to our platform.
- In Slack, select menu Apps & Integrations
- Click Build Your Own > Make a Custom Integration > Incoming WebHooks
- Choose a channel, or create a new channel, where the notifications will be sent
- Click Add Incoming WebHooks Integration
- Go to your room's integrations and click Open Collective
- Copy the provided Webhook URL and click Done
The webhook can be added in the database
INSERT INTO "Notifications" (
VALUES ((SELECT id from "Groups" where slug = '<group slug>'),
'<channel: either slack or gitter',
'<type: see note below>',
type(would actually be more properly named
activity) can be:
'all'(*) to send notifications for all activities (group transaction created, payment received from Stripe, etc)
Last modified 3yr ago